Heavy Equipment Camps
Extreme Sandbox Heavy Equipment Camp
Trained heavy equipment operators and diesel mechanics are in extremely high demand. Extreme Sandbox has partnered with local contractors and equipment manufacturers to provide an overview of the heavy equipment trades. We provide experiential student learning with a hands-on approach, this gives the student the tools to successfully transition in to the heavy equipment field. While we are not a formal education facility our goal is to be able to expose young adults to these trades and hopefully inspire and prepare them for this potential career path. We are the first and only facility to offer this type of experience in the US.
1/2 Day Experiential Student Learning Event – (school groups)
– Classroom lecture and discussion from experts in the field: including mechanics, operators, and local business owners.
– Hands-on shop experience with an emphasis on heavy equipment maintenance and repair.
– Behind the controls equipment time to learn basics on operating heavy equipment in the field.
– These should generally be coordinated through school career counselors, general target audience are 15-18 year olds
$695 for a group up to 8 students
$995 for a group up to 16 students
(financial assistance is available)
Contact us here: [email protected] to get more information or schedule a camp for your school.
Extreme Construction Camp – (individuals)
Our program is tailored to meet the student’s needs and enhance their skill-sets. Our goal is to give the student ongoing exposure and experience with both operating and working on heavy equipment. This is not a formal training program and no official certificates are earned. This program is intended to prepare the students to enter in to a formal two year or union apprenticeship program and/or start with an entry level operator/mechanic job.
– All experience levels accepted
– Get real one-on-one training from experts in the field.
– Monthly check in and progress on their goals toward entering the construction field.
– 12 session program:
* Multiple scheduling options available
* Each session lasts approx. 2 1/2 hours
– Ages: 14-20 years old
– Smaller cohorts of 2-6 students at each session
– Preference given to students who are recommended/supported by their schools
$595 for 12 sessions
(financial assistance is available – students can also work to be sponsored by a potential future employer)
Click the button below to view/download the Construction Camp flyer –
Contact us here: [email protected] to get more information on eligibility, requirements, availability, or get scheduled for our Construction Camp Program.